Your iPhone is stuck on the update iCloud Settings screen and it has been going for hours. This means that your device will not turn on, you won’t be able to use any features of your phone or restart the process from a backup file. In this article I’ll show you how to fix an iPhone with a frozen update at iCloud settings.,
The “iphone stuck on updating icloud settings after restore” is a problem that has been present for a while. There are many ways to fix the issue, but the easiest way is through iTunes.
This post will help you fix iPhone Stuck on iCloud Settings if your iPhone is stuck on updating iCloud settings. So continue reading to learn more.
Hello! Geeks, Hello, everyone! I warmly welcome you to this post. I hope you’re all doing well. Today, we’re going to talk about a valuable notion that every iPhone user should be aware of. Generally, we encounter the iPhone Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings issue on iPhone for a variety of reasons, and we are concerned about how to resolve this issue. Don’t worry, Friends, in this article we will clearly discuss this issue, and you can easily resolve the issue by following the methods.
This article explains why your iPhone is stuck updating your iCloud settings and quickly explores how to remedy the problem. The solutions are straightforward and easy to follow.
This article contains the following content:
The following are the causes of the iPhone’s inability to update its iCloud settings:
The inaccuracy is due to a variety of factors.
- Due to a lack of available storage space on the device.
- Servers may be overloaded or unavailable.
- Internet connection is slow or unreliable.
- The battery is running low.
Methods for Getting Your iPhone to Stop Updating Its iCloud Settings:
There are a few ways to get your iPhone to stop updating its iCloud settings.
- Restart the iPhone if necessary.
- Examine the iPhone’s storage.
- Take a look at the iPhone Restrictions.
- iCloud Setup may be skipped.
- Reset the Network Configuration
- Check your Internet/Wifi network or switch to a different WiFi or cellular data provider.
- Using iTunes or the Finder, update the iPhone.
- Sign out of iCloud and then back in again.
- Enable/ Turn On All Backup Options, then check Backup.
- Check the status of your iCloud account.
The first method is to restart the iPhone.
This is the most common way for resolving any iPhone problem; it aids in the removal of all superfluous data from the device and restores a clean environment. Before you begin, keep in mind that restarting the device may result in the loss of any unsaved data; thus, open any unsaved files on applications and save them automatically.
To restart the device, just follow the instructions below.
- To turn off the gadget, first hold down and push the Side/Power Button, then slide it off.
- You must press and hold the Power button until the Apple Logo appears once again.
Method 2: Look at your iPhone’s storage.
One of the measures that every iPhone user should check if they encounter a problem with their iPhone during an update is whether the device has enough storage space for the upgrade.
If you want to check your iPhone’s storage, carefully follow the procedures below.
- To begin, go to Settings on your iPhone.
- After that, tap iPhone Storage to see how much space the device has.
Choose iPhone Storage from the menu.
- If the iPhone’s storage space is running low, erase or eliminate some unneeded files to clean up or free up some space on the device.
Method 3: Examine the iPhone’s Limitations
If you’re having trouble updating your iCloud settings on your iPhone, you’ll need to verify and deactivate the iPhone limitations. To do so, you’ll need to take a few easy steps.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
Select the Option for Screen Time
- Keep in mind that you must enable/turn on Screen Time.
- Next, verify the limitations to ensure that none have been enabled or turned on.
Method 4: Ignore the iCloud Configuration
One of the most efficient ways to fix the iPhone stuck on updating the iCloud settings is to skip the iCloud setup when updating the iCloud settings, and then manually log in / sign in to the iCloud account once the update is complete.
To avoid the iCloud Setup, follow the instructions below.
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
Go to the Settings tab.
- Then choose General from the drop-down menu.
- Now, tap on Software Upgrades, and an iPhone alert will appear, asking you to check for available software updates.
Select Software Update.
- The user must then download and install the available update. Before updating the software, the device must be restarted for a few minutes.
- When that, it prompts you to set up your iCloud account after the update is complete. Simply press the Avoid option to skip the update on the iCloud settings.
- Finally, you must log in/sign in to your iCloud account after completing the upgrade.
- If you want to do this by hand, go to Settings and click Sign in to your iPhone.
- To use iCloud, the user must sign in using his or her Apple ID and password.
Reset the Network Settings (method 5)
The connectivity difficulties that generate errors when upgrading the iCloud configurations/ Settings may be resolved by resetting the Network Settings/ Configurations.
The user must take a few basic steps to complete this procedure.
- Navigate to the Settings icon on your iPhone.
Go to the Settings tab.
- Then choose General from the drop-down menu.
- Select Reset from the drop-down menu.
Press the Reset button.
- Next, go for and press on Reset Network Settings.
- Then a popup for the Passcode appears; input the passcode and wait a few minutes for the procedure to finish.
- Finally, go to the Software Update page and proceed with the iPhone’s available upgrades.
Method 6: Use a different WiFi or cellular data network or check the internet/ WiFi network.
If the problem is caused by a bad internet connection or a problem with the WiFi network, you should verify the Internet connection and use another or different WiFi or cellular data if the WiFi network is down.
It is not feasible to update the device if the network connection is unstable. To verify the internet or WiFi connection, or to use another WiFi or cellular data, follow the easy instructions below.
- To begin, go to the iPhone’s Settings icon.
Select the WiFi option.
- Now you must choose the network that you are using and then click the Forget this Network button.
- Pick Reconnect and input the appropriate WiFi password, or just select a different WiFi network to use.
Method 7: Use iTunes or Finder to update the iPhone.
If you’re having trouble upgrading your iPhone through over-the-air software upgrades, you may use iTunes or Finder to do it; your computer must have the most recent version of iTunes to do so.
- To begin, use a USB cord to connect your iPhone to your computer.
Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac.
- Then, on your PC, open iTunes.
- After that, look for the Device Icon button on the left side of the page’s upper left corner. To access the iPhone, touch on it.
- Select Summary from the Device Menu.
- Then choose Check for Updates.
- Finally, if any updates were discovered, hit Update to start the software update process.
Finder may also be used to update the iPhone.
- To begin, connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cord.
- It then requests the password in order to get access to the device.
- Now open the Finder application.
- Look for the gadget just below the Locations section on the left side of the page.
- To go to the iPhone, go to Devices.
- Select the Check for Update option from the General tab.
- If any updates are available, press Update, and Finder will begin the update process.
- Finally, once you’ve finished the procedure, hit Allow.
Method 8: Log out of iCloud and then log back in.
This approach helps to reset the device settings and prevent troubles with iCloud, such as iPhone stuck on updating the iCloud Settings. Simply sign out and sign back in to iCloud, as seen below.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
Go to the Settings tab.
- You must now log out of the iCloud.
- Wait a few seconds before signing into iCloud.
Method 9: Enable/ Turn On All Backup Options and Check Backup.
To repair the iPhone stuck on Updating iCloud Settings problem, verify the backup and activate all backup settings.
To verify and activate all backup options, follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to the Settings icon on the iPhone’s home screen.
Go to the Settings tab.
- Then go to iCloud and choose Backup from the drop-down menu.
Select the iCloud option.
- Now disable/turn off iCloud Backup by tapping on it.
- Allow a few seconds before enabling the option.
- You must first make a backup before selecting the Back Up Now option.
Check the iCloud Status (method 10)
If your iPhone is still stuck updating the iCloud Settings, you should check the iCloud status or iCloud servers to see if they are properly working or not. To do so, go to Apple’s official website and view all of the system status and check whether the servers are down or not, including other things like Apple pay, Siri, Apple Store, maps, and much more.
If you spot an issue, attempt to correct it; otherwise, the problem might be caused by something else.
What Are the Most Commonly Asked Questions?
Question 1: Which iOS Repair Software Tools are the Best?
The finest iOS Repair Software Tools for fixing the iPhone system are as follows:
- UltFix by Joyoshare.
- Repair with Dr.Fone.
- iOS System Recovery using TunesKit.
- ReiBoot is a Tenorshare product.
- For iOS, there’s PhoneRescue.
- FonePaw iOS System Recovery is a program that allows you to recover your iPhone’s or iPad’s
- FoneLab iOS System Recovery is a program that allows you to recover your iPhone or iPad’s
Question 2: How long did it take you to update your iPhone’s iCloud settings?
Answer: It takes anything from 1 minute to 30 minutes, depending on the network speed; if the 30 minutes have passed, you must consult the Apple Support manual.
The best techniques to repair the iPhone stuck on updating iCloud Settings are clearly mentioned in this post, and we also explain the causes for the problem. The mending methods are basic and simple, and they efficiently address the issue.
This article is the best reference for those who are anxiously seeking for the repairing ways to solve the iPhone Stuck On Updating iCloud Settings problem. It is the best notion that every iPhone user must know the issues, causes, and fixing methods behind the update of iCloud settings on iPhone.
Thank you for reading this post; I hope you found it useful. For more information and updates, please visit and follow our OMGeeky.
My name is Naveena, and I’m new to this profession. I’m very interested in writing about technology and am willing to write both expository and narrative topics. My main goal is to deliver and share knowledge with users by interacting with them about various technologies. I also enjoy cooking, gardening, and traveling.
The “updating icloud settings stuck iphone 12” is a problem that many iPhone users may experience. The problem can be fixed by following these steps.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my iPhone keep saying updating iCloud settings?
A: Your iPhone is trying to update your iCloud settings. This can happen if you set a passcode on it, which prevents someone from updating the phone outside of a few specific apps and features.
How long does iPhone take to update iCloud settings?
A: Your iPhone will update iCloud settings as soon as you open the Settings app and then tap on iCloud. They can take anywhere from a few seconds to several hours, depending on how much data your device needs to download.
- why is my new iphone stuck on updating icloud settings
- how long should updating icloud settings take
- ipad stuck on updating icloud settings
- how long does updating icloud settings take on ipad
- updating icloud settings new iphone 12