Windows 11 has a new feature that makes it easy to find files. However, the thumbnails are not showing on your desktop. This is caused by an issue with some third-party applications.
The thumbnail registry fix is a Windows registry hack that fixes the issue of Windows 11 folder thumbnails not showing.
Loredana Harsana (Loredana Harsana)
Expert in Windows and Software
Loredana is a dedicated writer who is fascinated by computer software and technology. She began blogging about smartphones when the Samsung Galaxy S II was the most popular device on the market, and… Read more
- One of the most noticeable differences from the previous OS is that folder thumbnails are no longer visible in Windows 11.
- The Windows Beta version is a good choice for people who like to see them.
- You may even go back to Windows 10 and quickly obtain the desired look.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Thumbnails are fantastic, and it seems that some PS owners prefer them over icons. They relate to the folder’s visible content.
Depending on the contents of the folder, you should be able to see photos, movies, documents, and even code files.
However, some have complained that folder thumbnails in File Explorer in Windows 11 do not appear.
Folders, according to their description, do not show thumbnails of inner material. As a result, people must open each folder to discover what is within.
Why can’t I see folder thumbnails in Windows 11?
Windows 11 File Explorer has been enhanced by Microsoft. The thumbnail feature has been discreetly deleted, despite the fact that it is better and easier to use.
The modification was not announced by the producers, but bear in mind that the default aspect is available in the Windows 11 beta version.
Users found that after deactivating this function, this functionality is really very helpful. And why is it the case? Because the thumbnail may identify the file type of the folder.
However, now that it has been removed, future editions will no longer show folder thumbnails, which may cause some customers discomfort.
Let’s have a look at some useful choices for seeing Windows 11 folder thumbnails.
What can I do if the folder thumbnails in Windows 11 aren’t showing?
1. Revert to the old operating system
- Open the Settings menu by clicking on the Windows icon.
- Select Recovery from the System menu.
- Look under the Previous Windows Versions area, then click the Back button.
- You’ll be asked why you’re reverting to an older version of Windows. Select an answer and then press the Next button.
- Before executing the rollback, decide whether or not you wish to update your Windows.
- Read the consequences of the rollback before moving on to the next step.
- If you forget your password or PIN, Microsoft will remind you. Click Next once you’ve saved them someplace secure.
- To begin the rollback process, choose the Go back to prior build option.
Check read this tutorial on how to roll back from Windows 11 to Windows 10 for additional details.
2. Upgrade to the Windows 11 Beta
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Windows Insider Program from Windows Update.
- Look for the part that says “Choose your Insider settings” and click on it.
- Select the Beta Channel checkbox.
- Restart your computer.
Even though Microsoft dropped folder thumbnails in Windows 11, the beta version will let you obtain the File Explorer look you want.
If you don’t like the concept of Beta Windows releases, you may simply downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 and restore the folder thumbnails style.
Do I really need thumbnails for folders in Windows 11?
Windows 11 folder thumbnails aren’t required, even though they do make the environment more identifiable. In fact, certain elements of having them disabled may be advantageous:
Windows will seem to be lot quicker.
Keep in mind that your operating system will spend resources to load all of the thumbnails every time you access a folder.
This isn’t a big issue for folders with a small number of documents, but a folder with 500 photos might take several seconds to load.
Check out some more ways to make Windows 11 quicker and more responsive to enhance performance.
Organize your storage space.
Keeping thumbnails on your computer may take up a lot of space, particularly since Windows 11 doesn’t support outdated devices.
However, by eliminating those with insufficient disk space, you may save some space.
Keep your information safe.
Finally, without folder thumbnails, your privacy will be more protected. Someone might, for example, go behind your desk and get access to critical information. Your personal information may be compromised if you use these words.
It’s important to remember that Windows 11 isn’t completed yet, so what you get now may not be complete by the end of the year.
It’s also worth noting that you may contribute to the future OS by utilizing the Feedback Hub app and making recommendations.
And, since your opinion matters the most, don’t be shy about sharing it with us by writing a comment in the area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The windows 10 preview pane not working for images is a problem that has been present for a while. There are multiple ways to fix the issue, but one of the most common solutions is to download and install the Windows 10 preview build 17063.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I view thumbnails in Windows 11?
To view thumbnails in Windows 11, you have to click on the View button at the bottom of your screen.
How do I fix thumbnails not showing?
If you are having trouble with your thumbnails not showing, try restarting your PS4.
Why are my thumbnails not showing up?
This may be due to the settings on your computer. You can check this by going into view and then settings.
- mega thumbnails not showing
- always show icons, never thumbnails missing
- file explorer image preview not showing
- windows 7 thumbnails not showing
- onedrive not showing thumbnail preview of photos android